As a mother of a seven month old, I understand the words teething and no sleep. I also understand how they correlate. Many people have asked me what I do for Atticus when it comes to help while teething. Below I have outlined five ways to help a teething infant.
- Infant Tylenol. I know. I know. OMG! I give my child medicine. Yes I am not one of those typical millennial moms who refuses to give their child anything other than organic items. After all who doesn’t like a full night of rest? As always contact your pediatrician when it comes to usage and dosage.
- Baby Banana Teething Toothbrush. Seriously! Why didn’t I think of something like this? This teether is perfect for infants during teething. The white neck is ribbed which is great when Atticus is chewing and it helps with his itchy gums. The handles are also perfect for his little baby hands and teaches him how to hold onto things.
- Sophie the Giraffe.We do not leave home without Soph. Atticus loves her. He chews on the legs for hours. This teether is great for those days when your infant needs something to bite on to get relief. Sophie has also become Atticus’ snuggly buddy while sleeping in the car.
- Teething Necklace. These are amazing and so cute. Instead of having your little one chew on your fingers (yuck) or your clothes, this is a great alternative. These are also great for gifts to a mom-to-be.
- Snuggles. How many moms can really say they get too many snuggles? None! I have found when Atticus is teething he will cling to me more. He likes to lay his head on my shoulder and snuggle. Bring all the snuggles if it helps my baby boy. Skin to skin contact has been proven to calm an upset baby. If your little one is having a hard time due to teething, try skin to skin and see if it will help soothe your baby.